Category M for April 2023 contains adjustments for underlying market prices (between October-December 2022) and the result of the margin survey (latest result up until end of September 2022). It also contains an element, with the aim of delivering the additional £100 million agreed across years 4 and 5 as part of the Community Pharmacy Contractual Framework.
There are 10 additions, taking the overall number of items in Category M from April 23 to 704. The additions are:
- Amlodipine 2.5mg tablets x 28
- Estradiol 10microgram pessaries x 24
- Fesoterodine 4mg modified-release tablets x 28
- Fesoterodine 8mg modified-release tablets x 28
- Lacosamide 50mg tablets x 14
- Lacosamide 100mg tablets x 56
- Lacosamide 200mg tablets x 56
- Melatonin 1mg/ml oral solution sugar free x 150
- Paracetamol 500mg effervescebt tablets x 100
- Zonisamide 50mg capsules x 56
Overall, 291 products are up in price, 72 (24.7%) items by at least 20 per cent.
Some 311 items are down in price, 21 (6.75%) items by at least 20 per cent
DDA members can view the details of the price changes in a full spreadsheet, sorted by price, price change and % price change with history since April 2020.