GPs in England are reminded that they have until Thursday 29 March to order adjuvanted trivalent vaccine and quadrivalent influenza vaccine for the 2018-19 flu season.
In a letter NHS England has recommended the following vaccinations and has confirmed additional funding to support their use:
- Adjuvanted trivalent vaccine (aTIV) for all 65s and over; and
- Quadrivalent vaccine (QIV) for people in the 18 to under 65s at risk group.
The letter also states that:
- There is no change to the way in which contractors will be reimbursed for vaccines administered – the system will be the same as for the current 2017/18 service
- Difficulties placing or amending an order should be reported to the local NHS England team
- Vaccine suppliers have confirmed that there will be enough adjuvanted trivalent vaccine and quadrivalent influenza vaccine to meet demand
The letter also contains the answers to a number of frequently asked questions, including on changing or switching vaccine orders.