The launches of a new dm+d browser and licensed alternatives to Special items are the key news take-aways for dispensing GPs in the latest edition of Hints and Tips from NHS BSA.
Key functions of the dm+d browser is to identify items for which the NHS PA allowance is paid.
On the new browser, Personally Administered indicator is located at AMPP level.
Eg, MabThera 1400mg/11.7ml solution for injection vials: Click on AMPP 1 vial pack to view Prescribing Information, where the Personally Administered fee is detailed for eligible items only. If it is not allowed it will not show in this section.
The former dm+d browser will no longer be available from October 2022.
The new Hints and Tips edition also details the following licensed variants to replace Specials:
- Adaflex 1mg tablets (AGB-Pharma) x 30
- Adaflex 2mg tablets (AGB-Pharma) x 30
- Adaflex 4mg tablets (AGB-Pharma) x 30
- Adaflex 5mg tablets (AGB-Pharma) x 30
Liothyronine 10microgram capsules:
- Liothyronine 10microgram capsules (Roma Pharmaceuticals Ltd) x 28
Chloral hydrate 500mg/5ml oral solution
- Chloral hydrate 500mg/5ml oral solution (Marlborough Pharmaceuticals Ltd) x 150ml
Atorvastatin oral suspension:
- Atorvastatin 20mg/5ml oral suspension sugar free (Rosemont Pharmaceuticals Ltd)
There is also news of the NHS BSA presentation on using data to take place at the DDA 2022 annual conference.