Welcome to the Dispensing Doctors’ Association’s Rural Practice Manifesto for the 2019 General Election.
As the election campaign begins in earnest, the NHS will run Brexit a close second as a key area over which the political parties are best-placed to preside.
The DDA invites election candidates to work with the DDA to answer the following calls to action:
- Involve the DDA in the second phase of the consultation on drug reimbursement, so that dispensing practices and their patients are not disadvantaged when the changes are implemented
- ‘Rural proof’ Primary Care Networks (PCNs) and support the call for an updated rural NHS funding formula that recognises the increased costs of delivering a robust and resilient health service in rural areas
- Protect the unique rural GP one-stop-shop service that improves people’s access to scarce healthcare resource
- Recognise that rural medical practices are the hub of their local communities, offering traditional family doctor GP services, creating skilled jobs for local people, and reducing social isolation
- Lobby for urgent improvements to the rural infrastructure, particularly, public transport and broadband
- Recognise that dispensing income is vital for the sustainability of high quality rural general practices
Read the full letter and access template resources to help you support the DDA’s manifesto for rural practice.