Dispensing GP expert John Barnes has published a guide to Making Tax Digital for dispensing GPs.
The guide covers the following areas:
- Will it apply to me?
- When will it apply from?
- Do I need to inform HMRC?
- What “digital records” are required for MTD?
- How do I calculate my VAT return figures to adjust for partial exemption?
- How do I submit the VAT return to HMRC?
- How do I amend errors or make partial exemption annual adjustments?
DDA members can access the article in the VAT/PA area of the dispensary management zone.
Further advice is also available from John H Barnes AIIT, CTA, and director, Dispensing VAT Advice Ltd. Tel: 07775 667726; E: firstname.lastname@example.org