The role of the dispensary manager has been highlighted in a new public campaign by East Riding of Yorkshire CCG.
The campaign, Help us help you get the most out of your GP Practice, aims to encourage better use of the GP surgery.
Among the suggested measures, patients are encouraged to make better use of the practice team. A poster highlights the role of the dispensary manager including:
- Help patients to receive medicines directly from the GP surgery
- Organise repeat prescriptions and same day medicines
- Ensure correct medicines are provided
- Answer questions.
More generally, patients are encouraged to:
- Free up telephone lines
- Delay calling
- Receive vaccinations
- Call the hospital about test results
- Cancel unwanted appointments
- Share basic complaint information with the receptionist.