The Department of Health and Social Care has published its October medicines supply issues update This details the following shortages:
Epilim 250mg chromosphere: no stock available until the end of November. Stock levels of 100mg and 500mg Epilim Chronosphere are sufficient only for normal market demand. Alternatives include: Epilim Liquid and Epilim Syrup, and other sodium valproate preparations
Fragmin (dalteparin) 2,500units/ 5,000units and 7,500units (Pfizer).
- 2,500units presentation – out of stock with a resupply date of w/c 12 November
- 5,000 units presentation – likely to go out of stock during w/c 31 October with a resupply date of w/c 12 November.
- 7,500units presentation – out of stock with a resupply date of w/c 12 November
- Alternative LMWH suppliers are available.
Stemetil (prochloperazine) 5mg in 5ml oral syrup: very limited stock available until approximately late November 2018 with next delivery not due until the middle of 2019.
Salofalk (mesalazine) 500mg suppositories (Dr. Falk Pharma).
- Supplies are currently limited and there is likely to be a two-week gap in supply until the next delivery of stock in late November.
- A very small amount of stock will be reserved for emergency orders
- Salofalk 1g suppositories will remain available.
The letter also details ongoing and resolved issues, and discontinuations.