Suggested interview questions and answers for GP practices recruiting clinical pharmacists have today been added to the recruitment section of our Human Resources Zone.
Suggested questions for local adaptation cover the following areas:
- Core competence assessment
- Teamworking skills
- Practical skills
- Understanding of medicines policy.
Questions included in our suggested interview Q&A include:
- What are the top three contributions you will make in your role as a practice pharmacist?
- Who are you most looking forward to working with in the practice team and why?
- How do you see your role linking in with community pharmacists and hospital clinicians?
- Our surgery is extremely busy and has many complex patients – how will you prioritise your workload to ensure those with greatest need are seen?
- How would you deal with a patient who expresses at the initial stages of the consultation that they would like to see the GP and not yourself (pharmacist)?
- We will be asking you to run clinics to review people’s medicines; Can you outline to us your thoughts about the causes of inappropriate polypharmacy?
- A cornerstone of medicines optimisation is patient safety. What strategies might you use to introduce systems that minimise harm to patients?
DDA members can click here for more questions, and some suggested answers.