Social Care Wales has launched national safeguarding training, learning and development standards for all staff working in settings including healthcare.
Standards are divided into a hierarchy, depending on staff responsibilities. Every staff member will be expected to at least know what safeguarding means, what to look out for, and who to report to.
The standards were developed because there:
- were no multi-agency, national standards for safeguarding training, learning and development in place
- was a lack of consistency in the design, content and provision of safeguarding training, learning and development across organisations in Wales
- was confusion around the appropriate levels of safeguarding training, learning and development for the workforce.
The standards will help organisations make sure:
- they incorporate the standards for practitioners into their safeguarding policies and procedures
- practitioners understand their responsibilities relevant to the group they’re in and how to follow the relevant policies and procedures
- all practitioners have access to and comply with the Wales Safeguarding Procedures.
View the standards.