Adults aged over 50 will again be included in the NHS Wales influenza vaccination programme for 2022-23, a letter from the Welsh chief medical officer has advised.
Other eligible groups include:
- children aged two and three years on 31 August 2022
- children in primary school from reception class to year 6 (inclusive)
- children in secondary school from year 7 to year 11 (inclusive)
- people aged six months to less than 50 years in clinical risk groups
- people aged 50 years and older
- all adult prison residents
- pregnant women
- people with a learning disability
- staff in nursing homes and care homes with regular client contact
- staff providing domiciliary care
- staff providing frontline NHS/Primary care services
- healthcare workers (including healthcare students) with direct patient contact
This extended cohort is included for another year due to uncertainty around likely influenza activity for the next season, with continued risk of co-circulation of influenza and COVID-19.
The JCVI has also given an indication that there is likely to be an autumn booster programme for COVID-19 vaccinations. However, GP teams are advised to take up opportunities for co-administration for COVID-19/ flu vaccination when these arise.
Please submit your order as soon as possible.
Read the letter for further information.