September every year sees Sepsis Awareness Month, with World Sepsis Day taking place on 13 September.
Sepsis, known as a “silent killer”, is a major cause of death both in the UK and globally
This training aims to provide dispensary teams with information designed to prevent sepsis and support more rapid treatment, if required. By the end of this article, you will:
- Recognise signs and symptoms of sepsis warranting medical referral
- Be aware which groups are at high risk of sepsis
- Appreciate the importance of preventative measures
- Know where to find information on NHS vaccination schedules
Throughout this training, you will find various activities to help reinforce your learning. Ten, multiple choice questions at the end will help you identify any areas needing a quick recap.
DDA members can visit the online library of Dispenser Education Modules to download the following:
- Sepsis training
- Sepsis MCQ answers
- Certificate of completion: